Friday, February 18, 2011

Got the stupid hats open!

It's day 6 of practice. It appears I'm learning all over again...

However:
It appears I only needed to play some metal. Thanks to my son for the tasty guitar riffs. I feel as though I had a real breakthough last night.

No masterful control or counting, but a helluva lot of fun, we played some thrashy metal for like an hour last night. The bassist a couple houses over came over as well... I'm afraid to check if there is any damage to my hats or the snare rim from the ass whooping they got, as I was playing way outta control, and WAY too hard - but again, I was in rockstar mode.

I have money now at this point in my life, so everything is fixable if needbe :)

Back to 1/8th note counting exercises today......   *big sigh*

Oh and to all the newbs like me - relax, take it slow, and let the good times roll. (dumbass American Pie reference - I know - I know...) Lol, no but seriously your foot will stop sliding, your calves and thigh will stop hurting in heel up and down - just stay after it!

One thing I realize I have to do now? Play - PLAY without any care in the world, just play the damn things every once in a while. 1+2+3+4+ will stifle your love at the kit if thats ALL you do day in and day out. Its all I've done for the past 6 days until last night.

Now for a pic of my ghetto practice pad until fedex gets my sweetwater order here:
Take care and keep drumming!

1 comment:

  1. That may be the best practice pad I have ever seen, haha. Its cool to see someone getting back into drummer, and I wish you the best of luck! I'm following your blog and I hope to see you continue and persevere with this. I would highly advise you to get a video camera and start taking video of yourself practicing. Get it up on Youtube as well, that way you have a video log to chart your progress.

    ReplyDelete