Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Drums Drums Drums - Week One

So after a twenty plus year hiatus from the drums - it appears that human beings have the ability to rewire their brains. I have NO limb independance anymore. I'm having to start from scratch again... Its groovy though - I loved learning before, and I am really enjoying it again. My hands work well enough alone independant, but cross wiring them in with my feet? Umm, yea; challenging to say the very least.

I've got a 90bpm basic 1/8 note groove down with no open hat on the and of seven (which sucks) but I'll get there. Hell I've only been at it just a few days.

Also, did you know that when you get old and fat that you lose muscle and tendon in your legs? Did you know your fatty thigh muscles are attached to your hip? Did you know that if you don't exercise every day and then start playing heel down your calve muscle feels like its going to explode? Did you know that its really hard to relax when your 40+ and you have been going through life doing EVERYTHING unintentionally tense as hell? ( I think I tensed up 16 years ago when my wife walked in the room and said "we're pregnant!" and then I have not relaxed since )

Start drumming again - you'll learn all these things and more...

Anyhow, here she is:

I'll try and get some video or a sound clip up later when the neighbors are awake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment